WHAT TO BRING FOR YOUR PET’S STAY:
- Dog food: Bring an adequate supply of food for your pets visit at Elevation Dogs. Raw diets are welcome! We have plenty of freezer and fridge space available. For your convenience we also offer to feed your dog our premium house food if you prefer – RedPaw dog kibble – tested and successfully used at Elevation Dogs for over 10 years. Your dog will love it! We charge $1.00 per cup of food fed to your dog or sell it to you by the bag to take home afterwards. Learn more about this amazing dog food here: http://redpawdogfood.com/
- Treats and bones: We highly recommend you provide meaty, enticing bones for your pet’s visit at Elevation Dogs. Over the years we have seen times and times again how the peaceful chewing on a bone has helped our guests settle and bring down levels of anxiety/stress. Of course we will only give them their bones when they are in their private space to avoid any guarding issues.
- Medication and supplements: We don’t charge extra to administer medication and are happy to feed any supplements your dog is used to.
- Crate or carrier: You may bring your dog’s crate or carrier if this is where your dog settles best.
- Dog coat and dog booties: Bring a dog coat and booties in the colder months of the year if your dog gets cold easily. That way outside play sessions and going to the bathroom can be enjoyed a bit more hopefully. Of course times outside will vary depending on the dogs’ enjoyment with or without gear. For your convenience we sell a few select styles and sizes of dog coats and booties at Elevation Dogs. Ask us about them.
- Halti and/or harness: If you like us to walk your dog in a Halti or harness please bring that along.
WHAT YOU NOT NEED TO BRING FOR YOUR PET’S STAY:
- Dog beds: We provide a very comfortable and orthopedic Kuranda dog bed for each of our guests. The cot-style design of the Kuranda dog beds evenly distributes the weight and prevents any pressure points. They are off the ground, chew prove, hygienic and cozy. All dogs love them! Please don’t bring your bulky dog bed from home, for your convenience and ours. You may provide a light blanket or a t-shirt for instance as a comfort item for your pet.
- Dishes: We provide all water and food dishes, leave yours at home unless your dog needs a slow feeder, snuffle mat or any other special item to feed from.
- Prong collars, choke chains and shock collars: We kindly ask that you remove prong collars, choke chains or shock collars yourself prior to handing your dog into our care. These items are not safe at a kennel facility and we have experienced dogs being extremely sensitive to the touch on their necks and don’t let us remove these items safely.
IMPORTANT: we can’t take responsibility for the items you bring to the facility! Any item you bring to the facility is at risk of getting chewed up, getting soiled on, getting lost or getting mixed up.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PRICE:
- High quality 5′ by 5′ indoor pen with privacy panels on 3 sides for maximum protection, comfort and privacy. These pens provide your dog with the best chance to feel safe and allow for restful sleep which is so important for the well-being of our beloved animals. If 5′ by 5′ seems to small of a space (especially if you have multiple dogs stay with us) we can remove a panel and combine two pens to make a 5′ by 10′ pen. Please ask us about this option.
- Lots of outdoor play time with or without other dogs depending on your dog’s personal profile. IMPROTANT: Group play times are not guaranteed.
- Free administration of any medications or supplements required by your dog.
- Fresh water available at all times.
- Professional and knowledgeable monitoring of your dog’s physical and mental health.
- Transparency with you, the owner, at all times, regarding your dog’s physical and mental health while staying with us.
- Professional assessment of your dog’s physical and mental needs while staying with us.
- Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! But if your dog is not fully house trained or has an incontinence issue we retain the right to charge a high-maintenance fee.
We pride ourselves with providing a clean, professional, healthy and well balanced environment for our and your dogs here at Elevation Dogs.
- Extra exercise – walks, runs and swims: The best remedy for stress and separation anxiety is some healthy exercise and a change of scenery. – $12/ ½ hr
- Dog bath & blow out: We can have your dog all freshened up before checking-out. (A bath is complimentary for all guests when staying for 10+ continuous days.) – $35 – $95 (depending on size, coat and behavior)
- Nail trim – $10
COMING TO THE FACILITY:
- All check-ins and check-outs are by appointment only. Please let us know if your plans change, otherwise we will expect you at the time your booking confirmation states. If you are more than 15 minutes late, we cannot guarantee service and retain the right to charge a late-fee.
- Kennel Viewings can be scheduled for 10:00AM on Mondays to Saturdays. Please call to book an appointment.
- There are no check-ins and check-outs and kennel viewings on certain Statutory Holidays: New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Remembrance Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day
- We retain the right to change our hours, currently they are: Monday to Friday: 7:30AM-11:00AM / 4:00PM-7:00PM and Saturday and Sunday 8:00AM-11:00AM / 4:00PM-7:00PM
- Our boarding facility is in the same building as our home which has many benefits for your dog(s) but please be mindful of our privacy and respectful of the hours and days mentioned above as it is also the home of our own pets and children.
- For the safety of everyone we require you to leash your dog(s) upon arrival at the premises.
- Guests must be up to date prior to every visit: annual (canine distemper and parvovirus), rabies and bordetella (kennel cough) vaccines.
- Titers are accepted.
- Puppies must have completed the first set of vaccines (3 shots), usually by week 16, prior to the first visit.
- We recommend regular worming treatments 3 – 4 times a year to prevent diseases. Please avoid worming your dog(s) within the week prior to staying at Elevation Dogs.
- We recommend preventative flea treatments.
- Our guests are not required to be spayed or neutered.
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to bring them up!
We are excited to get to know you and your best friend(s). To us every dog is a unique and precious character and deserves the very best!
Eva, Aaron, and Team